The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Not a Typical Night...


Was it just a dream? After a long twelve hour shift at the hosptial, it was decided that "girls night out" was mandatory. After a day of complicated deliveries on the third floor, and an ER that never stops, we had to get away, just escape for a night. I didn't put a lot of effort into my appearance this evening. I pulled my long red hair into a ponytail, touched my make-up slightly, and changed clothes. I didn't figure my pink scrubs would be much of "man magnet". A red v-neck shirt and a pair of black pants would work nicely. The "girls" picked a bar we'd never been to before, it was only a few blocks from Amy's apartment, and she swore a good time would be had by all.

Little did I know, it would be a night to remember. As we walk in, I immediately feel comfortable. The atmosphere was so relaxed, on the make-shift stage in the back, people were laughing while singing karaoke. I walked over to the bar to get a beer. As I was standing there a very drunk woman falls into me, pushing me completely onto a man's lap. My face turned as red as my shirt. I looked up into his dark eyes only for a moment. I was so embarassed, and could tell he was as well. By his manerisms, I could tell being in a bar was uncomfortable at best. I tried to lighten up the moment by telling him at least I fell in the lap of a strong man instead of another woman. I got a small grin from him. I'd never seen him before, but in an instant, it was as if I felt I need to know him. I asked him to dance. A bold move for me. I could tell as he rose that he was a cautious man. As the song "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" by U2 played, he held me protectively, yet cautiously. I could tell by the way his hands trembled when he touched me, that he ached to hold a woman, but was too emotionally distant to do so. We shared a few dances that evening, and he took my number. As I left the bar, I looked over my shoulder, smiling once more.

All of my friends were excited, wanting to know all about this mysterious man I spent the entire evening entertaining. I stopped dead in my tracks, I realized, I knew nothing about him, not even his name. He controlled every word that came from my mouth. I told him everything, and he told me nothing. I trusted him completely, told him where I worked, worshiped and lived. I told him about how I enjoy simple things in life, such as laughter, smiles and warmth- and I know nothing about him- nothing. Who is this man? And why cannot I not stop thinking of him.. Was I in the right place in the wrong time? I suppose only time will tell...

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...