The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Most Magical Night Of My Life...

I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful time I've had tonight. Butterflies doesn't even begin to tell the story. I began getting ready at 3:00pm. Yes, you heard me correctly, 3:00pm. I had to be PERFECT when Bobby came to get me. Every hair in place, make-up flawless, and a dress to die for! I completely understand what Bridget Jones meant when she had an underwear dilemma. "Do I wear tiny knickers or knickers that will make it more likely for the knickers to be seen?" No, I had no intentions of going to bed with Bobby tonight, but I did want to look the best in my dress. I was poured into that thing like Marilyn was when she sang "Happy Birthday" to JFK! I didn't care. It was time for me to be sexy again. Even if I'm not trying to go to bed with the man, I would like for him to find me sexy as well as beautiful. I added a hint of shimmer powered to my chest, as if I really need to enhance my cleavage! Jewelry. I put on a beautiful pair of diamond stud earrings, and a diamond cuff bracelet. I decided to wear my long winter white gloves after all. They just seemed so classy, and would look so beautiful with my wrist corsage.

I already knew what the corsage was going to be. Susan can't keep a secret- she had already told me what my corsage looked like. He called her asking what color my dress was, so he'd know what color to make the corsage. The corsage was going to be three red roses, symbolizing the three months we've known one another. My heart melted. I looked at the clock, it was 5:30pm, and the doorbell rang. My heart stopped. It was time. Maria opened the door and let invited Bobby in- I've never seen him speechless. I was standing in the living room as he walked in, seeing me for the first time in my evening gown. "You look absolutely stunning", he finally said, walking up to me, kissing my cheek nervously like a young man picking up his prom date. He handed me a box that had my corsage in it. As I opened it, he took it out and put it on my wrist. Three red roses, just as Susan had said. He explained to me that he chose three roses for the three months we've known each other, and the three dances we've shared. That was the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done. I went to get his boutonniere. When I returned he was holding another box. He smiled as I pinned his single red rose on the black tux. Then he handed me the small box. .

I opened it, and had to hold back tears. It was a beautiful diamond and ruby heart necklace. I had to hold back tears, fanning my face with my hands, trying not to cry. I looked up at him and smiled. I took the necklace out of the box, and he put it on me. I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when Richard Gere was taking her to the Opera. I hugged him and kissed his cheek, thanking him for the beautiful necklace.


Ethan showed up just in time, he and Susan exchanged corsages and we were off to Fino's for our Dinner/Dance. I actually saw several people I knew when we arrived. Olivia Benson was there with her partner, Elliot Stabler. She swears they're only friends, but you couldn't have proven that by the way he was holding onto her. Then again, with that dress, I couldn't blame him- she looked great! Alex and Mike were there and already having a great time at the bar. I saw a disaster in the making, it's not good when you're getting all glassy-eyed at 7:00pm. Dinner was wonderful, everyone was so friendly. Bobby took a lot of teasing. I'm assuming he didn't date much, because there were a lot of men slapping him on the back asking him how much he had to pay to get a woman like me to come with him. It was kinda cute, but I did feel a little sorry for him. Around 8:00pm the dancing began. I had the time of my life. I love to dance, and so does Bobby. With a little alcohol in her, Alex Eames is one hell of a dancer! I really felt like I needed to keep an eye on her, she was hitting the bottle pretty heavy. When she tried to climb on the bar to dance, I had to go pull her down. Don't get wrong, I've danced on my share of bars in my day, but I just didn't quite think Alex wanted her co-workers to see that. She'll be catching hell over being there with Mike Logan anyway!

As the night went on Bobby and I danced and danced. One dance, however, I'll remember for the rest of my life. The song "You and Me" by Lifehouse was playing. Bobby pulled me close to him, closer than we've danced in a long time. I don't know if it was the alcohol lowering his inhibitions or he just needed to be close to me, but as the song played I looked up into his eyes...

"What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive"


And I kissed him. Yes, I made the move. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, that was the deepest, most heartfelt kiss I've ever had. Afterwards, he looked into my eyes and smiled, my heart melted right then. I layed my head on his shoulder until the end of the song. God, I never wanted that song to end. He held my hand as we walked back to our table. Alex was sitting on Mike's lap, and well, I'm not going to comment what looked to be taking place. I was in shock. They were totally wasted. I mean, beyond trashed. If you had seen them dancing to "At Last"- well, it was priceless. Bobby had a shit-eating grin on his face while we danced as well, but that was probably due to the fact that I had just slammed down a shot of Jack Daniels and was singing every word of the song along with Joan Osborne. Who cares? It was all about us having a good time. This was the night I've been waiting for, and I was going to have the time of my life. As the night rolled on, another familiar, TOTALLY unexpected face showed up. Subway Chick.

Do not adjust your monitor, you heard me correctly, Subway Chick. Bobby and I were on the dance floor dancing and singing to "Fernando", God, did I really just admit that... Anyway, I heard this screaming and flashing of a camera. It was Subway Chick. She was there and devastated that Mike was with Alex. Ok, that's not all. Mike and Alex, were... in... a ... compromising position. I'm leaving it at that. Susan came running, she's been there more times than either of us would like to recall. Tu La Fe, that's all I'm saying. So Susan and I try to cover up Alex, helping her get herself together, while Bobby pulls Mike up. Two people who obvious SHOULD NOT drink together. Two lonely people, and too much alcohol, equals one big disaster. We managed to get them both back to the table and sitting down. I couldn't believe I was babysitting drunks, 40 something drunks at that! I went in search of Olivia. As much as I hated to bother her, I knew she was good at handling drunks, and could give us a few tips on how to help Alex out.

I made my way through the dance floor to Olivia. Although once I found her, I decided it was best not to disturb her. She and Elliot were dancing to "She Will Be Loved", and well, something more is going on there than what they want ANYONE to know about. Personally, I think something big is going on. I know they didn't think anyone could see them, but he had one arm around her, and another rubbing her stomach as he looked up into her eyes. I just stood there, stunned, in shock. I knew better than to speak, but I had no idea what I was seeing? At that moment, words weren't necessary, actions spoke for themselves. I turned around, deciding to give them the privacy they obviously needed. When I returned to the table, Alex and Mike were nowhere in sight. Bobby had gone to get a couple of cups of coffee to try to sober them up. We both left them alone. That was a mistake.

After a few minutes, we decided that we weren't here to be babysitters, we were here on a date, and we should enjoy ourselves. We danced up until the early morning hours. I didn't want to leave. The thought of going home broke my heart. I requested one last song, the song Bobby and I first danced to three months ago "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own". He smiled and took my hand, leading me back to the dance floor for our last dance. He held me so close as we danced, closer than he ever has before. I felt so safe in his arms, I could've stayed right there forever. As the song ended, I didn't move, I stood there in his arms. He held me, he didn't push me away, or attempt to move me. He held me until I was ready to go. Letting go of him at that moment was so difficult. I knew when I did, it was over, we were going home. It was 3:45 in the morning, everyone who was attending after dance parties were already gone and gone home. Reluctantly, I let go of him. He grabbed my hand and kissed it, holding it tightly as we went to get our coats. As he put my coat on, we found Mike and Alex being carried out by Munch and Elliot. It was the first I'd seen of Munch all night long. He had definitely been "ghosting" during this party.

Bobby held my hand the entire way back to my apartment. I had the most wonderful night of my life. I couldn't believe it. It was everything I had dreamt of and more. If I died right then, I would've died the most happy woman with a smile on my face. He walked me to my door, and thanked me for being his date and a wonderful evening. I thanked him for allowing me to be his date, and giving me the best night of my life. He pulled me tightly into his arms and gave me the most passionate kiss I've ever had. I felt just like Scarlet O'Hara when Rhett Butler kissed her in the Library at Five Oaks. A kiss that would make any woman melt. I touched his cheek gently, kissing him once more, smiling as he left. I went in and started screaming and jumping for joy. I couldn't believe it. I had the night of my life. Everything I'd dreamt of, it happened. Everything is finally coming together... At Last. - Sing it Joan, I'm on my way to dreamland...

14 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

too much schreamin' at th' lousy party..act like they never seen a guy inna ladies room before...an' too people in love is not inndecn't. You peoples got dirty minds.

nobody was inna coat check, nobody gettin' hurt, why all the schreamin?

4:35 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

Oh, Mike, people don't just scream when they're in pain, other things make them scream too!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well crap, that was so beautiful it made ME cry. (Trust me when I say that is not an easy task.)
I am sooo glad ya'll had such a wonderful evening.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Chloe, there are no words. You go girl!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on a wonderful night for you. I had a great time as well, you weren't the only one who hated for it to end. Keep Goren in line, he needs a woman like you to keep him honest.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Ooooooooh woooow!!!! I'm so glad you had such an awesome time! Oh, Chloe', yay! :-D

Subway Chick... LOL... Wow...

:-D

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole, go away

1:46 PM  
Blogger ann said...

:o((

2:03 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Anonymous said...
Nicole, go away


Anonymous, I love you! She's just jealous because things are going good for me and Bobby.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chloe, hmmmm ........

4:24 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Anonymous- when I said "she" I meant Nicole...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am so happy that you had a magical evening. You certainly deserve the happiness. I think Bobby is very lucky to have you in his life. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Malcolm said...

Sounds like a great night. My night was a lot of fun too, and yes, I do have pictures. I'll post them at the weekend. Tomorrow it's a Fatboy Slim, DJ Yoda and Scratch Perverts clubbing gig!

I'm going to be shattered.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Little help here...

Um, about the mystery apartment? You said you knew Benson, and she said Stabler didn't go home last night....Alex didn't lift his keys, did she?

Could you find out -DISCREETLY - if there was, you know, maybe a laptop in his closet, some missing booze, and..forget the details. Just find out, please?

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...