The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Time For Me...

It's been a long day. Work was especially hard, a few nurses are out with the flu, so I had double the patient load. I had gotten used to just caring for "Emma", "Ted", and "Mary". Adding four other patients in makes things much more difficult. I had to make sure everyone had ample care and attention. I had hoped to be able to spend some more time with "Emma", but it just wasn't happening today. By the time my shift was over, I was exhausted. As I walked into my apartment building, I saw the most beautiful vase of orchids. I thought what a nice touch, to whomever decided to bring them in today.

As I was heading for the elevator, the desk clerk stopped me, telling me the orchids had been delivered for me earlier in the day. I was so thrilled! Orchids are my favorite flower. I couldn't imagine who would've sent them? Bobby has no idea I love orchids, so I assumed it must've been my mother or sister. I didn't check the card immediately. As I entered my apartment, I sat the vase down on my dining room table. They were so beautiful, I cleared my centerpiece and put them there. Perfect. I figured I should at least check the card to see who to thank. As I opened it, I was in shock. They're from Bobby.

How did he know? The card was short and sweet, "Beauty deserves Beauty- see you tomorrow night- Bobby". That was the sweetest thing I believe anyone has ever done for me. He's such a good man. I've really been looking forward to going to the dance tomorrow night. I've tried so hard to keep my emotions in check, and play all of my cards right. I know he isn't sure about me. I don't know where things will go with us. I know what I want, but only time will tell what plays out. I'm taking it slow, because he's a complicated man, there's a lot I still don't know- a lot to learn.

Why am I sitting here dwelling and worrying about things I don't have any control over? What will happen will happen- that's life. I need to just slow down and enjoy the ride. Susan called, she's on her way over. She and Ethan are going to the dance as well tomorrow night. We're going over everything to make sure we're ready. Maria is coming over later to do a pratice run on Susan's hair, she's still undecided as to what she wants to do. Time is running out- we'd better have it together tonight!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thats so sweet!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Very sweet:)

7:05 PM  
Blogger ann said...

aaaah ...... orchids.... my favourites

8:13 PM  
Blogger ann said...

they really are ... the only plant I manage to grow season after season. The flowers last for three months, then cut them back and three months later they're back again. I've always got some in bloom through the year. I manage to kill everything else off, but not my orchids.

lotsa luv ann xxxx

8:15 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Ann, don't feel bad- I can't grow ANYTHING- I even killed a chia pet *LOL* *hangs head in shame*

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Find a plant I haven't killed? See you tomorrow night, I know you'll have a wonderful time with Bobby.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

OOoooooooooh my gosh! Aawwww!! *girly squeal* He's so sweet!!!

:-D

Aw!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhh that is just awesome. :)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Chloe', the thing's tonight, right? Have fun!!!

:-D

11:52 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You know, sending flowers is okay, but when you send someone's "favorite" flower, that's the HUGE difference that separates the 'wannabe romantic' to the 'real romantic'.

Very sweet!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...