The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Life, Support, And Everything Else...

Borrowed from the blog of a dear friend, Neele...

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
By Hanley Harding

I am damaged...
The incident is past,
But the pain persists;
I reluctantly, at times, fearfully,
Go about my present daily life.

I am damaged...
Not by subterfuge,
Sweet words of insincerity, or lies,
But through unfathomable meanness
And brutal cruelty.

I am damaged...
The world closed in about my soul,
Suddenly becoming an alien land,
And I had coldly been deprived of the passport
Which heretofore had allowed my spirit unfettered movement.

I am damaged...
But, in talking to others, also damaged,
I have come to realize that I am alive, not dead;
That the world goes on around me, and about me,
And that I am empowered if I choose to be so.

I am damaged...
But, by reaching out and learning to trust those who are worthy of trust,
I will be able to re-build my life;
It will never be quite the same as it was,
So I must strive to make it better.

I am damaged...
But with the passage of time, and the help of sincere people who care about me,
I learn to move more steadily, more confidently, each day,
Toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am damaged...
But I am not broken.




It's true, I am damaged, but I am not broken. I have been hurt, but I am learning. Having people around who love and support you no matter what, it can make all the difference in the world. It's been a rocky couple of months. I've held a lot inside, knowing I have to be a pillar of strength for those around me. Getting caught up in that, I forgot to care for myself, and failed to see the signs when I'm in pain. The pain has been released, and I will heal.

Having Bobby, has made such a difference in my life. He has so much respect for me, more than any other man I've ever known. There are times I want him to grab me and hold me- and never let me go- but that's not him. I can, he's not used to doing that. Well, not without expecting something in return. I don't think he's ever dated anyone like me. Anyone who he actually took to their apartment, and left there or if invited in, he knows it's not going to be to the bedroom. In the wise words of my cousin, Holly "I'm not that kinda girl". I appreciate his chilvary and respect, but above all friendship. He's got a good heart deep inside of that dark shell that hides his soul. It's in there, the question is, am I too late to save him?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rommel said...

Nope-you're never too late!

Patience, my dear, patience.

Love is a wierd thing-the more you show, the more you get shown.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Of course you're not too late!

That's so great that he respects you like that. So many guys just want what they want.

Oh, you two are so sweet!

And you're not too late!

:-)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

four years ago, a friend told me that the guy i was madly in love with, wasn't the right one for me. he said "he's too damaged and he's got a lot of walls. even if you can get through, you may not want to."

the guy he was talking about is now my husband. i won't lie and say it wasn't hard, but he had been so hurt for so long that loving didn't seem like an option. we stayed friends and i supported him through a lot. that's what did it, loving him for the good and the bad. embrace the friendship that you have, it will be worth it in the end.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it definitely isn't too late for Bobby. What I don't get is how you can not want to be his girlfriend.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

You are a wonderful person. Relax and let things progress at their own pace.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...