The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Time Heals All Wounds...


How true... How true. Time. Over the past nine months I've had so many ups and down, ins and outs I didn't know where I was, or for that matter who I was. I went through a huge change in my career, from working as triage nurse, to caring exclusively for those who are mentally ill. I realized just how rewarding it is to care for those who can't care for themselves. I went into nursing with one thing in mind- others. I wanted to give of myself, so that others could be comfortable. I had no idea that the degree I received in Knoxville, would take me to Carmel, NY, and to the mother of the most wonderfully eclectic man I'd ever meet.

Bobby. He has to be the most complex man I've ever met. A man who, well, intentionally or unintentionally, played the smoothest mind games with me. For months, he haunted my dreams, and boggled my mind. He eluded me. He had me completely entranced. After months of "the game", things came to fruition. It happened. Like a bolt of lightning, it happened, and was gone. I wanted it too much. He wasn't ready for that. The baggage. He carries enough to sink the Titanic four times over. The memories, the fears, the hopes and dreams he carries, they come to light at the most inopportune times. It pushed us apart. We drifted. I never forgot him. I never gave up on him. We had a connection that was greater than anything I understood, or ever will for that matter.

On a faithful night a little over a week ago, nostalgia reared it's head. It was a night neither of us could fight. It was time. We both needed each other more than ever. Once night that should've been in December, but never happened. It happened when it was supposed to, when the time was truly right. What will happen from here, it's anyone's guess. I'm not pushing the issue. The last thing I want is for him to feel trapped. I know he's not able to give himself fully to me right now, but for now, I'm willing to take what I can get. One day at a time...

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

So thrilled for you, sweet Chloe. You deserve to be happy!
And I know in my heart that you make Our Bobby happy, too!!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...