The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, November 27, 2005

One Beautiful Sunday...

My time at work seemed to fly today. It wasn't really different from any other day, it just seemed to go by much faster. As usual on sunday, I had to help "Emma" fix her hair and put some lipstick on- she likes looking pretty when Bobby comes to visit her on sundays. It reminds her of when her boys were younger, and she took them to mass. She always had her hair fixed perfectly, and the final touch, being her light pink lipstick. She's a modest woman, so anything darker would be "sinful". I'm glad to help her get ready. Keeping the good memories alive is important to her, and to me. Bobby came just as he does every sunday with flowers and "goodies". He looked a little better today, but I could tell he still wasn't doing well. I almost missed him. He typically comes earlier in the morning/afternoon. Today, it was almost 2:00pm by the time he arrived.

My shift ended at 3:00pm. I checked in with "Emma" one last time before leaving. Bobby was on his way out as well. He just looked as if he needed someone to talk to and didn't need to be alone. I walked out with him, suggesting we get a cup of coffee. Don't get the wrong idea- it's only a friendly cup of coffee. I suggested we go to the Carmel Diner, a cute little 24 hour "mom and pop" stop. Comfortable and cozy- which is what Bobby looked like he needed. He seemed grateful to not be heading home. We sat and talked for nearly 3 hours. I don't think I've ever had so much fun drinking coffee!

Bobby is an amazing person. Not at all what one would expect just by looking at him. He is absolutely brilliant. So intelligent and insightful, yet full of compassion. He can relate to almost anyone in any situation. He's held a lot of things inside. I can tell he doesn't like people knowing more about him than he wants them to know. I hit on a few "sore spots", and I knew it immediately. I know he knows I would never intentionally do anything to upset him. If I hadn't known he was a detective before, I sure would've figured that out today. It was amazing the things he pulled out of me without me even realizing what he was doing. By the time we left, the man practically knew my entire life's history!

He thanked me for inviting him. I could tell he truly did need it, and was greatly appreciative for the "escape" time. Hopefully, he was able to leave behind whatever is bothering him for a few hours. I really enjoy his company. I'm glad we finally got the opportunity to really talk to one another.

Maria and Susan are coming over in a few minutes- they can't wait to hear all about it. Unfortunately, I believe they're going to be sadly disappointed, but I'm not. To everything there is a time and a reason- and it's all unfolding for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ames said...

Oh yaaaay!!

:-)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Okay. I am so thrilled and so jealous all at the same time. I am so glad you took everyone's advice and asked him for coffee. Now ask him for dinner on a Saturday night and then share every last detail with us. I am glad you are happy today. You have been so low lately

9:53 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

Good work gumshoe! one more vote for what DNY said. Hint-serve Redhook beer and play some Springsteen.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...