The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Most Wonderful Night...

I couldn't have asked for a better night. I began getting ready at 4:00pm, even though our date wasn't until 7:00pm. I must've tried on 50 things before deciding on the perfect outfit. A red v-neck sweater and black pants ended up being the final choice. I wanted to wear my hair up, but with the weather being so cold, I decided against doing so. I wanted to look- perfect. He arrived right on time, with a single red rose in his hand. I invited him in for a moment, placing my rose in a vase. He went straight to my pictures. Looking at every single one. He told me I was blessed to be close to my family and friends. I truly am. He helped me with my coat, and it was off to Pepolino.

It had been so long since I've been there. They have the BEST tagliata di manzo. The restaurant has such an exquisite aura. When you walk through the door, you feel as if you're walking right into a part of Tuscany. It was so beautiful. We dined by candlelight. The meal was phenomenal, as always. One thing I know for certain, Bobby has excellent taste in food. After our meal, I could tell he didn't want to take me home just yet. He asked if I'd be up for a drink. Of course, I wasn't going to turn down a chance to spend more time with him. We left Pepolino's, and headed for the Pencil Factory, a bar he had frequented in the past.

The drive there was a long one. We talked about everything from our jobs and family, to our hopes and dreams for the future. It's really scary how someone with the kind of age different Bobby and I have, can be on the same page- wanting the same things in life. He told me things he didn't typically share with others, things that troubled him, and things that only he knew. It began to snow. I looked over at him and smiled, wanting to hold his hand- to let him know just how much I do care. I think that was the most romantic moment of my life. At that point, I didn't want to get to the Pencil Factory. I just wanted to stay right there with Bobby.

As we pulled into the bar, he opened my door for me and offered me his arm. I smiled at him. It had been so long since I'd had a gentleman offer me his arm. I know he could tell how comfortable, not to mention happy that made me. In the south, having a man offer you his arm is a man's way of showing the utmost respect and adoration.

As we walked in, I felt just like I was in a cabin in back in the "Great Smokey's". The hardwood floors and the floor-to-ceiling picture windows gave a great view of the falling snow. We found a cozy little table near the back of the bar. I had a amaretto sour, and Bobby had a beer- only one, since he will be driving back. We sat and talked for hours. It seemed as if no one else were in the bar, as if it were only the two of us. It didn't seem as if we'd been there for an hour, when we looked at the clock. Nearly 3:00am. The bar was beginning to prepare for closing. We both enjoyed a good laugh, and exited. He put his arm around me as we walked out of the bar.

As we walked to the car, I looked up at him and smiled. He looked so handsome in the snow. Opening the door for me once more, making sure I was in safely before heading to his side of the car. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. We talked the entire way to my apartment. I don't think I've ever talked that much to anyone in my life- not even Susan and Maria! There was never an awkward moment. There was always something to be said. Words came naturally for the two of us.

When we arrived at my apartment, I was sad. I didn't want the night to end. The best date of my life was coming to an end. It was late, and I could tell Bobby was tired. He walked me to my door, and thanked me for a wonderful date. I thanked him as well, telling him I'd had a wonderful time as well, and hoped we would definitely do it again. He bent down and kissed me. I nearly passed out. It was most magical moment of my life. Even though it only lasted a second, I could feel his lips against mine for hours. I smiled at him and said good-night, as I closed the door.

I didn't go to sleep until nearly 6:00am! I've had very little sleep, but then again, how could I sleep? I'd enjoyed the most magical night of my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect date.

2 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Now that is the perfect date! I am so glad you both had a good time! :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Ooooh, what a perfect gentleman! You two are sooo sweet! Oh, I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you had a great time!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...