The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Happy Birthday Caleb!

Caleb Dalton Lewis, Born December 1st, 2000 at 6:18pm. 7lbs 8oz, 19 inches.



Happy Birthday Caleb, Love Your Godmother- Chloe'!

December 1st is a special day for many special people in my life. Ebony, a dear friend from Tennessee was born today, as well as Holly, my best friend, Jennifer's baby sister, and last but certainly not least, my Godson, Caleb. Jen and I have been through so much together throughout the years, so it was a given, I would stand by her and support her when her son was born. I drove home from Knoxville at 5:00am that cold December morning. I went straight to the hospital to be with Jen. Majority of her family of was already there, driving her insane. She was so thankful I was there with her. My back was killing me, the old cheerleading injuries coupled with long hours during clinicals had nearly killed me.

I stood there for hours, holding her foot back while she pushed. Although I didn't have my degree at the time, I knew enough about nursing, to know this child wasn't going to be born without some "help". I was extremely irriated with the doctors and nurses as the hospital which I shall not name, to protect the few innocent who might work there- Anyway, her epidural only took on one side of her body. She was in so much pain, feeling every single movement on the left side of her body. After I harassed the nurses, doctors, anyone who would listen to me, something was finally done. Jennifer is a petite woman. At only 5'1, she needed help delivering. Jennifer is a nurse as well, and was so frustrated that no one would listen to her. She was in so much pain, all could do was beg for help to stop it.

At 6:00pm, the doctor and nurses finally came in, preparing to deliver Caleb. She was explained that forceps or the "vacuum". At 6:18pm, with the aid of forceps, my Godson was born! I'm so proud of him!

It's been a long time since I've seen him, but I think of him often. I love him dearly, and am so honored that Jennifer chose to give me this honor in his life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Beautiful Boy! There is nothing more precious than kidlets!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Awwwwww...!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

What a handsome young lad! What a cherished thing to be a godparent. Good for you!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

What a cutie!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...