The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dreams Do Come True...

I absolutely cannot believe it. I'm still in shock! I've been a complete sloth this morning. Lazy, haven't checked messages, caller ID, nothing. I finally got motivated to see if Maria had called to let me know when her rehearsal is this evening. She hadn't called. Hmmmmmm. Ok. Susan hadn't called either. There were three calls from a number I didn't know. I called it back, figuring they had the wrong number anyway. My heart nearly stopped when I heard the voice on the other line. It was Bobby. I didn't know what to say! Of all people, that was the LAST person I expected to be on the other line.

I know he could tell I was confused by the tone of my voice, but I tried really hard to play it so cool. I apologized for missing his calls, and was just now getting around to returning them. Talk about quick thinking and smooth. Less than a minute ago I had no idea who I would be speaking with! What came next, was even more shocking...

I just knew he was calling in regards to his mother. Wanting to ask a question, favor- something. I just knew that it was about "Emma". Thank God I was sitting down, because if I hadn't been, I would've fallen over. He called to invite me to the Ball/Party/Dance- whatever it is, he wants ME to be HIS date! I honestly think I stopped breathing. I don't know how long I paused. I was paralyzed for a moment. This could not be happening. I kept waiting to wake up, and realize that it was nothing but a dream. No, reality- he was on the phone with me, and asking me to be his date! I gladly accepted. December 14th, what a magical night that's going to be!

As soon as I got off the phone with him, I called Susan and Maria IMMEDIATELY!!! Dress shopping is a MUST!!! I'm thinking about the red dress I tried on with Susan, but there are so many options. It's like a dream come true! I can't believe it! I feel just like Cinderella!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

from the description of the red dress, and his reaction to you in it, that would be perfect! OH!!! i'm all girly and excited for you!! (this is me jumping up and down, clapping my hands!!)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Good things happen to those who wait. I am so glad that he called you. You are exactly what he needs in his life. You need a smashing new dress.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome! I know you'll have a great time. Lots of pictures & details the next please!

3:35 PM  
Blogger ann said...

......... hmmmmmmm

4:51 PM  
Blogger ann said...

you lucky thing .... cough, cough .... something's stuck in my throat :o(

4:53 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I second Displaced answer, and you do need to be buffed and glossed like a new Rolls-Royce. Not becuase you are some bit of junk, but because you deserve it! Cheers to you!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

I'm with Pinky, jumping up and down, squealing, all girly-like! Oh yay, Chloe, yay!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I'm so jealous. Have fun.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...