The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, June 16, 2006

What Does It Take?

What does it take for us to realize just what we have? Do we always have to lose it, or let it slip away from us to realize that maybe things weren't half as bad as we thought they were? Why is it better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all? Is it really worth all the heartache and the agony we go through after losing someone we love, for whatever reason it may be, to become a "better person?" What exactly is it that makes us a better person? Can't we be good without going through the cycle of loss?

Why can't we just learn to be happy in the here and now, no matter what life has thrown at us? I'm sure it's because we always want more. More love. More money. More power. More sex. More respect. More everything.

Here's A Toast To Those Who Hear Me All Too Well...

4 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Oh I hear you only too well. I was torn apart when I lost the love of my life, but I am pleased that I loved the way I did... I will never regret those years and if I never feel that way again, it won't matter; it was good while it lasted.

have a lovely weekend

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

3:59 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I think most people will understand what you are saying all too well. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Here, here.

Or is it hear, hear?

Here, hear. Yeah, that works.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

Chloe, I understand the concept of always thinking there must be more out there, more than anybody. I feel like I can never rest. I've never achieved enough.
HOWEVER, I can say in all honesty, that I NEVER take what I have for granted. I think it's because I have been through such hell, that I know things can go very bad, very quickly!!

I am thankful for every cent I earn and every compliment I get, really. I guess the bad teaches us to maintain the good. Your whole life is an "..or else..."

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...