The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Monday, March 27, 2006

What Can I Say?

That hasn't already been said? It's been one hell of a year, and we're only 3 months, er, closer to 4, into the year. Illness, heartbreak, loss, it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I debated upon just giving up, and throwing in the towel, or hanging and around and riding the waves.

As you can see, I'm riding. Where I'll end up? I haven't a clue, yet. I'm still at Carmel Ridge, and will probably be there until the day I die. Working in a mental hospital isn't the easiest job in the world, especially when you become attached to your patients. It takes it's toll on you, knowing that sometimes, all you can do is be there for them. When the medications no longer work, and their minds slip further and further away from reality, it suddenly hits you. It could be you.

We're all only a few steps away from the line. The line I've danced on for years, the line we dare not speak of, but all know is there. After all, what is reality, really?

As you tell- sleep, it's not my friend tonight.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe -
So glad to see you are back! And sorry that you have been working so hard. Seems like Bobby has been going through some of the same things that are bothering you. Maybe the two of you could get together and talk about what is going on and help one another.

He needs you!

caseyswife

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Reality is...
Hm. Whatever you perceive it to be, right? I mean, everyone's reality is different, or theoretically is, anyway, right? Everyone interprets everything in a slightly different way, some more than slightly...

I don't know. I'm rambling. But you asked, so there!

Glad to see you again!

:-)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Be careful Chole, don't fall too deep into the pit. Remember at the end of the day you can walk out the door, physically you are not bound to that place, emotionally is another story, and how you react is entirely up to you.

Choices, you are stll capable of making them.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

You have to keep fighting,Chloe. Reality to you is what you make of it. Make it count!

2:07 AM  
Blogger ann said...

Chloe, so wonderful to have you back sweetheart. Yes nearly three months of the year has gone, but we're coming into spring, fresh new beginnings and all that. Oh I know only too well about the medication problems, but we have to believe it will all come out right in the end.

lotsa luv ann xxxx mwahx

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you're back!!! Sorry for all the troubles you've been having. Hang in there!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Nice to see you back in the saddle hon!

Sometimes I feel like my mind is slipping farther and farther away....and then I take my meds and everything is so much better. *w

I need a drink!

11:44 AM  
Blogger kacey said...

Thinking good thoughts for you, my friend. I've been walking that line too. Boy, does it suck when you can;t tell whether or not the last ounce of sanity has left you.

Try watching cartoons. It helps.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Yeah, listen to Kacey, cartoons help!

11:29 PM  
Blogger MartyF said...

I'd recommend something like Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy. Now THAT'S funny!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have two words: Spongebob Squarepants.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

I have two words too...
"Get laid"
:-))

7:26 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

I have two words too...
"Get laid"
:-))

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...