The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Day All Spinsters Dread...


Is quickly approaching us. I've already had the "desperate" phone calls from the ex's who just didn't want to be alone, or at the very least, needed a "trophy" to show off tomorrow night. Of course, Chuck was the first caller. He used the "it's been awhile", line to try to get me to agree to a nice dinner and some dancing. Damn him. It's been so long since I've been to dinner and dancing. I must admit, I was tempted, even if it was Chuck. Don't worry, I declined. I had a couple of calls from some doctors I had dated briefly from the city a long time ago.

Tell me, why does Valentine's day bring out the most insecure, desperate emotions in so many people? It's just a day. That's it. A day. Society puts so much emphasis on Valentine's Day, that all of us singleton's are made to feel like shit because we're alone- even when it's by CHOICE. Sure, I could be with someone right now, but I'm CHOOSING to be alone. I'm choosing to pull a "Bridget Jones" tomorrow night by drinking a bottle of wine myself, smoking a pack of cigarettes and singing "All By Myself" in my sheep pajamas!

Sure, my ideal night would be going out and having a drink with Bobby, enjoying a few dances, just having a good time. Nothing more that what it is, we're friends. Bobby's one of my dearest friends, and one I miss terribly. Sure, there's still a flame burning deep inside for him, but it's held way down in the deepest crevice of my heart- it would take a lot to get that back to the surface again. So, for now, we are what we are. I know he's been buried in a case lately, so I'm sure even if I did pick up the phone to ask him for a drink, he wouldn't be able to pull himself away from the file long enough to have a good time, but who knows. I'm still seeing a "Bridget Jones" night in my future!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Chloe, you're too sweet a girl to be hung up on a man like Bobby; he can't give you what you need. He's married to work and whipped on Nicole. You deserve a man who can be there for you all the time. Go out tomorrow night, dancing with your friends and have a good time. Bridget Jones can wait for another night.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

Chloe, babe, join the club!!

BTW, I think Bobby will definately have a drink with you. Just ask!

9:36 AM  
Blogger kacey said...

I'm right there with ya, Girl. Although my night will be spent watching "Guy"
and some of those "New York"
crime dramas everyone talks about. I might need a treat or two, also.

10:57 AM  
Blogger MartyF said...

Prof...

Whisky? For shame! I'd have gone for something a bit more effective myself....vodka, schapps, rat poison.....

11:54 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I hope that you enjoy the day no matter how you choose to spend it! :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lord, me too Chloe but being alone is nothing new to me.

1:24 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Along yesterday, alone today, alone tomorrow..... c'est la vie, c'est ma vie.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

3:06 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

Yahe, the vine of the soul...now THERE's a drink!!!

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...