The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nostalgic...


I've been on a "let's remember" kick lately. I suppose that's probably due to the lack of time and/or energy due to over-working myself. I've only gone out a couple of nights this week, by choice. Sitting at home just simply relaxing and unwinding has been a welcome change for me. You know, it's strange just how much you can actually accomplish while sitting. The box of photographs I found earlier, I went through and sorted them, placing them in various photo albums and frames throughout my apartment.

I laughed as I looked at the pictures of Maria from various rehearsals. You know, after the pictures I've taken of her, it's a miracle we're still friends! Then there's Susan. Our Thanksgiving pictures, well, they're priceless. The picture of Susan standing outside on my balcony deep frying a turkey in the middle of a cold New York winter, it's just not right. Then again, neither is the fact that she was carving the turkey with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. That picture went into a frame. Maybe I'll have wallets made from the print and include them in Christmas cards next year. Does anyone out there think I have death wish?

I found pictures I had forgotten all about- pictures from bars and parties we'd attended years ago. Karaoke pictures where we were singing our hearts out, and having the time of our lives doing so. As I looked at each picture, for a moment, I was there again- wherever I was when the picture was taken. I could remember the feelings I had in each one- happiness, anxiety, excitement, love- everything.

I've often wondered, if there were no words, only pictures to tell the story of our lives, what would people think of who we were and how we lived? Would people think all I did was drink, smoke, and party all the time? Would they know how much I loved life, my friends, family, God, dancing, singing, and everything in between? Would they see my soul, my faith, my heartbreak, my passions? What would they see? Everyone looking at a photograph sees the same thing, yet so differently. If photographs told the story of your life- just what would they say about you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Probably that I'm boring by the world's standards but like I care what the world thinks.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine would probably say, "get off your butt and go have some fun." Seriously I think the only pictures I have are of me at home, but I haven't taken pictures in a long time, unless it was of my kids. Except for tonight. I think this was for the first night I've gone out since this time last year. I lead such a boring life. Ho-hum. I seriously need to get out more often, make some good friends, you're the best friends I have and unfortunately all of you are too far away to go out and have dinner and a party with :(

12:15 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Mine would say, "I have a secret." Life doesn't have to be a struggle, ask for help when you need it, the world is filled with wonderful people that are just waiting to meet you. Don't be Afraid. And it's ok that you have bangs!!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...