The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's 3am...


And I am lonely. I've been asleep for about six hours. I can't sleep anymore. I'm so exhausted, that my body isn't even able to really sleep. My mind is racing. I can't stop thinking about everything. My job, my friends, Chuck, Bobby, and everything in between. Maria began her new play tonight. Was I there? Hell no. I was a Carmel Ridge playing the martyr. Sometimes, I get tired of being the "good girl"- you know, there's always one in a circle of friends.

The girl who always says the right thing to cheer up her friends, who doesn't miss mass on sunday, and always looks like she stepped right off the cover of Vogue. The one who always has her shit together, and a smile on her face. You can count on her for anything. Oh, and for her man, she'll be hopelessly devoted. Yep. Just stick my picture beside of said description, and there you have it. The "stereotypical good girl".

Even after screwing up majorly, I'm still the "purest" of all my friends. God knows Susan has been there, done half of them, and you could get an STD just listening to the stories about it. Maria. There's a troubled soul. What hasn't she done? Coke, hash, X, if it was out there, the girl has done it. It's a miracle she's alive to tell about it. It's a miracle she has a liver the way she used to drink. Then there's Chloe'. Yes, I've been smoking since I was 13, and drinking since I was around 15, but have always been mostly responsible in both. Drugs- never felt the need to do them. I was high enough on life, I couldn't imagine anything else getting in my way. Sex- didn't need to. I didn't have to validate my worth by making myself a notch on some man's bedpost. Sure, I've been deeply intimate with my share of men, but they were men I had a deep bond with, not just one night stands.

I came to New York City to be an individual. To stand out. To be the worldly, sophisticated woman I knew deep in my heart I was, but couldn't be in a small confined town. When I first moved to New York, I went out EVERY night. I hit a new bar or restrurant every night. I took in all of the sights and culture I could possibly get. Basically, I burned myself out. You would never think that living in a city like New York, that you could be burned out on culture and nightlife- but trust me, you can.

Now, I'm longing to get all of that back, to get out live again. Even at 3:00am, the streets are still alive. People walking up and down the streets, each with a different expression, each carrying a different burden. No matter what we're going through, on the streets of New York, we're all the same. That's one of the beauties of the city. One of the things that keeps me here. So many times, I've thought of packing up and going back home. Leaving behind all that I have here, and returning to simplicity. But once you've come this far, it's hard to go back.

So here I sit, pondering all of the things that I want, and want to be. All of the things I've done, and left undone. As I put my cigarette out, and looked at the clock, I thought about calling Bobby. I know he's awake. He never sleeps. I had to put away our pictures the other night. Coming home after a hard night at work, and seeing something that made me so happy, just overwhelmed me. I couldn't look at it. However, I did leave out the picture of me with Chuck- I need that to remind me how far I've come. But Bobby... where did I go wrong?

It's going to be a long night...

4 Comments:

Blogger Axe said...

Welcome to your Wolf Hour...again. You seem to live there - the 13th hour on the face of the clock. The dark, hidden oblivion that locks you away from the freedom of reality, and yet it IS reality in itself, Chloe.

I'm also awake, being the middle of my day when night is yours. Mail me if you can't sleep.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so you are who you are Chloe. Stop fighting against it so hard.

You didn't go wrong with Bobby. The timing wasn't right maybe. If I was guessing I bet it comes back around again.

11:51 AM  
Blogger kacey said...

Martyrdom is over-rated, yet how many among us find ourselves there anyway, because we can't break free of patterns so set in our psyches?

I hear ya, Chloe.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I agree with the others..timing is everything. Just because it hasn't worked out yet doesn't mean that it won't in the future. I wish you happiness no matter what you choose to do. You deserve it! :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...