The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, December 09, 2005

Ugh...

I'm sick. It's finally caught up with me. I've been so fortunate, the cold/flu/pneumonia bug hasn't bitten me up until now. I guess that's because it was waiting to bite me really hard in the ass. I felt so bad about calling in at work this morning, but as sick as I am, I don't want to run the risk of infecting my patients. I took a nice hot shower, checked my medicine cabinet to see what antibiotics I had on hand, and took a t-spoon full of moonshine. The moonshine was to break up the tightness in my chest, no I wasn't trying to get a nice buzz to forget how miserable I feel- Although, that's a thought. I had just settled into my nice comfy bed when the phone rang. I rolled over in search of my cordless phone. It was Bobby. He was on he was back from Carmel Ridge, and was concerned when they told him I was home sick.

I tried telling him I would be fine, but he's as stubborn as I am. He told me he's coming over after work and bringing me dinner. I tried telling him that was ok, I appreciated the offer, but he really didn't have to do that. He wasn't taking no for an answer. I could tell by the tone of his voice, he was worried. It's 1:30, and he's called me three times. Other than my mother, I've never had anyone check on me that much. He's such a good person. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. I'm going to try to take a nap and get some rest before Bobby stops by. I'm going to look like death warmed over regardless, but I'd like to at least look slightly rested. Today, he'll see "Chloe' Gardner, Uncensored, Sans Make-up". Do you suppose he'll ever want to take me out again? We'll soon find out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

If he's smart, he'll see the most beautiful thing in the world.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Oooooh, he's so sweet!!

Strep's been going around at my store, I'm just waiting to catch it.

I hope you feel better soon! Although, if Bobby's coming over, I have a feeling you will. :-)

5:16 PM  
Blogger ann said...

chloe, you was tagged

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

5:35 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

If that's you in the picture next to your name, you couldn't be unnatractive if a steamroller hit you.
Plus you seem like a super nice person. I would think that is the most important thing.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I like your remedy-that moonshine sounds like a plan. And if he is worth his salt, then he will hold a cool towel on your head, bring you Chicken soup,soda crackers, and 7-up.

Even if he brings one, he is one of us guys. And trust me,a woman is the most beautiful without the pretext and make-up. You see the real her. And if he is a real guy, which I have a feeling he is, he will like the real you. Sounds like he already does!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

See if you can get him to rub Vicks on your chest like you did his. That will perk you back up. I hope you are feeling better soon! :)

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...