The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thank Goodness...

Bobby finally went to the doctor. He should at home in bed, but just like every other man I've ever known, he's as stubborn as a mule. He went right back to work, barely able to breathe. I feel better knowing he's started a round of anti-biotics, but he really should be getting some rest AND not smoking. I might have to go get him some Nicorette, and confiscate his cigarettes. Smoking "Cowboy Killers" are bad enough, but with your bronchial tubes inflamed, it's sheer murder. When I talked to him last night, he could barely speak, and I knew he was having a hard time breathing. He's lucky I didn't drive over to his apartment again and put him in my car, driving him to the doctor right then. Sorry, I know I'm going on and on, but as a nurse, when you see someone so sick, especially a friend or loved one, you tend to get upset when they won't allow you to help them- or let you take them to get help. Ugh. I need to stop bitching, at least he went to the doctor. He'll be ok in a couple of weeks.

"Emma" was doing great today. You'd never know anything had even happened this weekend. She was sitting up in bed reading this morning when I got to work. I was so relieved. I knew right then, she was fine. I need to stop and speak with Father Steve tomorrow after work. "Emma" has missed going to Mass so much, but hadn't really discussed it with anyone before now. She didn't want to trouble anyone with her stories of faith. She knew for me, it would never be any trouble. I know a few of the girls who attend the Catholic church, and said Father Steve would be delighted to come pray and share the sacraments with "Emma". That would be wonderful for her. Through everything, she's kept her faith, which means so much. I'm so proud of her, and want to help her in anyway possible.

Ethan is working graveyard tonight, so Susan is coming over. She's wanting to go out. We haven't been to 515 in so long. The funny thing is, no one has really missed it. I mean, Susan met Ethan there, and they haven't been back since! Maria and Cody got back together, and I, well, I don't know exactly what you'd call Bobby and me, we're definitely friends- and I think maybe a little more. Regardless, I'm thankful to have whatever it may be. I'd actually like to go ice skating. Now, not a one of us can actually ice skate. We do the best we can, all holding hands, praying one doesn't fall. Of course, it's only a matter of time until one goes down, and the other two follow. I usually end up with some pretty nasty bruises, but have so much fun. You can't help but laugh. Seeing three grown women holding hands like they're going to die if they let go. Knowing it takes all three of us to stay standing and "skating", if you can call what we do skating.

The more I think about it, we probably have "Southerners" written all over our foreheads. The only place to ice skate that was even remotely close to us, was Ober Gatlinburg. It rarely got cold enough for the lakes and rivers to freeze back home, so ice skating just wasn't something commonly done in Tennessee. Put a pair of roller skates on me, and I can go for days. That's another story in itself, we'll save that for a rainy day. Oh the crazy stories I could tell. Right now, I think I'm going to go lay down for about an hour. A nap is something I haven't had in a long time, and sounds like a great idea.

5 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

It is great that you care about how he is feeling. You should go nurse him back to health. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been to Ober Gatlinburg. Didnt skate or ski, but I was there!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog! I will keep reading! nice!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you should take care of yourself first!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Wow, he sounds really sick. I'm glad he finally went to the doctor. And I'm so happy to hear that "Emma" is continuing to do well!

I miss ice skating. I have a really nice pair of hockey skates, but I couldn't begin to guess where to go skating around here. Rock Center, but I can't fathom paying $15 for 3 minutes LOL! Have fun if you go out tonight!!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...