The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Monday, December 05, 2005

What A Day...

I've finally gotten an opportunity to sit down and write. When I arrived at Carmel Ridge this morning, Bobby was already there. "Emma" was sitting up in her bed, resting. She looked good, much better than I'd expected. I went over and gave her a big hug, telling her how happy I am that she's ok. After examining her chart, no damage was done to her heart or her brain. Definite good news. Bobby was so relieved. It was a special treat for her to have both of us with her that early in the morning. Bobby wasn't able to stay long, as he had to go back be in the city by 8:00am for work. Neither of us mentioned his brother. That's a subject best left alone. "Emma" didn't need it. She didn't need to be reminded of her late husband, and Bobby's brother is a carbon copy of the man.

She understood why Bobby hadn't been to visit her yesterday, and wasn't upset in the least bit. As a matter of fact, when she found out he had taken me out to dinner on saturday night, that was all she could talk about. Everytime I'd ask her if she was ok, or having pain, or any sort of symptoms, she would say "I'm fine, now, when are you and Bobby going out again?". She's so precious. At least we had something to bring some joy to her after such a scare. We're monitoring her closely. Some of her medications have changed, and we need to be sure that she's adjusting well. Hopefully, all will be well.

I spoke to Bobby briefly this evening. He was exhausted. He's been buried in a pile of paperwork and just wants to clear his brain. I can fully understand that. I would've enjoyed a nice night alone myself. I made a promise to Maria that I'd stop by rehearsal and that we'd grab a bite to eat afterwards. I do need to get out, even though staying in my nice comfy pajamas vegging out on my couch sounds like MUCH more fun! That's Susan at the door. Gotta go get myself ready...

4 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

PS: Amey, they're my comfy flannel penguin pajamas- I thought you could appreciate those ;0), Come to think of it, maybe that's what's wrong with me, the penguins have stolen my sanity!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Have fun. Damn penguins.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

*excited gasp* PENGUINS!!! :-D

LOL, I got a new one yesterday... They're everywhere! :-)

I am so glad "Emma" is ok. She sounds so sweet, all happy for you and Bobby! It kinda makes me go "Aw!" What a sweetheart!

(And YAY! Penguins! LOL)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I have penguin PJ's, soft egyptian variety. Penguins-yikes, almost as tacky as my pair with horseshoes, bucking bronc's, and rope on them(pun intended).

Get comfy, and kick 'em up, mon deiu. Glad to hear "Emma" is doing better. My grandmother had a massive stroke 13 years ago, and I am her caregiver. Been there, doing that.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...