The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Better... Today

I'm feeling much better today. Thank goodness, it seems I only have a sinus infection instead of the flu. My head still feels full, my lungs are clear, and I'm not coughing half as much. I've been on antibiotics for 48 hours, so I was able to return to work today. "Emma" was thrilled I was back. She had so much to tell me. Father Steve had been by to have a "mass" with her. He read scripture, prayed with her, she was able to have confession and absolution, and receive Holy Communion. She was so thankful. It made my day knowing she was able to receive the sacraments, even though she's not able to leave the facility.

Bobby came by for his afternoon visit. She was so glad to see he was finally feeling better. He came with his usual "basket of goodies", "Emma's" favorite magazines, M&M's, and flowers. He's such a good son. I know I say that all the time, but the more time I spend with him, the more I realize what a wonderful person he truly is. As I was leaving Carmel Ridge, Bobby caught up with me. He asked me if I'd like to join him and a few of his friends for a drink tonight. Of course, I gladly accepted. I was starved, so I suggested we grab a bite to eat at the Carmel Diner.

It's kinda sad that when I walk in, the seat me in the same booth, and automatically bring me a Dr. Pepper, and ask if I'll be having the "usual", which is a plain cheeseburger and french fries. Do you suppose I eat there often? Bobby got a good laugh out of that. It was so cold outside, and being in the nice cozy diner was a definite treat. I ate in record time today. I can tell you this, I have no shame when it comes to eating. Many women won't eat a bite in front of a man they're attracted to- you know, I've never figured that out! My Daddy always taught me, "If a man's worked hard for his money, and he decides to take you out and feed you, the least you can do is eat it and be grateful", and I've always tried to do that. We sat and talked for about an hour before heading back to the city. He told me he'd pick me up around 7:00pm tonight. I'm really looking forward to meeting more of his friends. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Malcolm said...

Eating voraciously in front of him shows that you're more than happy to be yourself in his company rather than playing to any pretence you think he wants to see.

Good on you!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Well have a wonderful time tonight and don't forgot that we want all the details. :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

good luck, milady. glad to hear you are doing better.. in more ways than one. heh. >-รพ

6:38 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I am going to sound like a jerk here, but I will not date a woman who refuses to eat on a date, refuses champagne(unless there is a story, then I bend!), or refuses whipped cream because of the calories.It's about enjoying life, and if you cannot appreciate one of the most simple things in life, food, then how can you apprecaite something as complex and as firey as love?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Excellent... :-)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...