The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Splashing In The Sun...

Today was definitely a hot one. This has to be one of the hottest summers I remember. Even back home, I rarely remember the heat getting to me like this. I had a rare sunday off, and decided to make the most of it. Maria had called this morning, asking if I wanted to head out to Brighton Beach. I didn't even have to think twice about that one. It was time for some much deserved fun in the sun.

Susan and Maria picked me up after Mass, and it was off to the beach. It's a weekend, so I knew the beach would be packed- but I had NO idea there would be THAT many people there. Finding a place to put our towel was like going on a treasure hunt. Finally, after walking the hot sun and sand for what seemed like an eternity, we found a "free spot" on the beach. After setting up our chairs, we were out into the ocean.

I felt like I was sixteen again. The feeling of the waves crashing against your body is liberating. It's almost as if the water of the ocean cleanses your soul. It wipes away all that's troubling you, and carries you into euphoria. We laughed and played in the waves for hours. I didn't want to leave.

The euphoria only lasted a short period of time. When I arrived back at my apartment, I took a look in the mirror. I looked like Eugene Krabs. Granted, I'm a fan of Eugene Krabs, but looking like him isn't exactly on my list of things to do. Aloe is definitely in order this evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, except the sunburn part of it.
You're a fan of Eugene Krabs? Nice! He's a bit cheap for my taste. I like one of his employees though!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

I love him! But then again, I love just about every character on Spongebob! ;0)

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. levitra patent license lesbian hotel boston Whirlpool appliances for bathtubs

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...