The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Do You Believe?

Would you rather have a few moments of something special, or a lifetime of nothing special? Would you rather have one true deep love, or a life with several passionate flings? Would you rather "steel" your heart against love, knowing you'll never be hurt again, or leave yourself open, believing true love conquers all? Do you believe we're destined to be with one certain person? Do we choose this person, or do they choose us? Do you believe we follow our dreams, or that our dreams follow us? Do you believe in fate, or is it just a man-made myth?

Those are some of the questions running through my head as I sat on my balcony this afternoon. I looked down into the busy streets of New York, wondering what the people were thinking as they passed by. When you watch people, you see everything. The streets of New York: The Theater of the Living... As I lit another cigarette, my mind wondered back to Bobby. I remembered his laughter and his smile. He made me feel so at ease. I felt a connection with him- a strong connection. I know he felt it too, I could tell when I looked into his eyes. Maybe he hadn't known before, but he knew Wednesday night there was something there. I could tell by the way he mouthed "I'm Sorry", he truly was. He didn't want to leave me that night. We "clicked". There's something holding him back. He has my phone number, and I know he knows where I live. He's one complex man, that's for sure, but then again, I'm a complex woman. He's got a past, one that haunts him- I could tell by the darkness in his eyes. I have a past too, but one I've overcome. Dammit Bobby... Where do you go when you're gone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...