The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, October 21, 2005

Love's Labor Lost....

A moving play by William Shakespeare. Maria was cast as "France- The Princess of France". She looked exquisite in her elaborately detailed costume. The Princess of France, a moral character in the center of the play. If you haven't seen this play, it's a must for every woman. Even in the 1600's, women knew how to turn the tables on men to get what they wanted. Maria pulled the part off with sheer perfection. I couldn't have been more proud of her. Acting in is tough- but in New York, it's murder. Only the best of the best survive. Maria's fighting her way to the top. We all came to New York with dreams. We wanted to get out of the "country" and see what the world was all about. When we came to New York, we got everything at once. Action, adventure, culture, drama- the bright lights and big city we'd dreamt about, was all within our grasp.

The first time I came to New York, I knew I was destined to live here. Even at age 16, I knew I'd call New York home. After the play, we went out to celebrate. Yep, you guessed it- "the bar". After the phone call incident, I wasn't even looking for Bobby. I just wanted to celebrate with my girls. We were WAY too dressed to be walking into a casual bar, but has that ever stopped us? Of course not. I guess I did feel a little out of place in a black v-neck sleeveless dress and black stiletto heels, but the more I thought about it, I honestly didn't care. The crude whistles and comments from the men were a little more than I'd bargined for, but that's what you get when you come in dressed like Marilyn Monroe. We had a few drinks, and even sang karaoke. "Righteous Love" by Joan Osborne. I had such a good time with the girls, it was just what I needed. Good friends, too often we take them for granted. How blessed I am to have Susan and Maria in my life.


"Faith is a mystery that rocks me for days and days and days..."

"I could be in the street,
I could be on a train,
Or struck in some doorway down,
In the pouring rain,
Now there is not one place,
That doesn't feel like home...."

1 Comments:

Blogger Prairie Doug said...

I'm really impressed, your blog is so diverse and yet so compelling to keep up with. I'm hooked keep up the great work.
God bless

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...