The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Remembering...

After a trying week at work, it's finally over. I'm off for the next few days and had planned on going out with friends to enjoy myself and relieve some stress. I called my friends Susan and Maria for "girls night out". I'm so excited. I've seen death, depression and despair all week long, and it's time for some light-hearted fun. Susan and Maria are nearly beating my door down, by the time I'm able to find my robe. Running to the door with my hair in a towel, I let them in. "Surprise!!!" They screamed in unison, handing me an envelope. Opening it, I have to sit down. "We thought you'd be happy"- they said, seeing the look of uncertainity on my face. It was pictures Maria had taken with her phone from the bar on wednesday night. There were four pictures of me and my "mystery" man. One of us laughing while we're sharing a beer, and three of us dancing. The one that got to me the most, was the one where he and I were dancing close. My eyes were closed and my head layed on his chest. To look at us, you would've thought we had been together for years- not a matter of minutes. I quickly pull myself back together, realizing that what's meant to be, will be- I cannot change that..

I thanked them for the pictures, giving them both a hug. They're so precious to me. I'm so blessed to have such good friends who love and care for me. They only want the best for me, and well- let's say they know my track record with men. We've ALL picked a few "winners" in our day- But this one, we all had a good feeling about "him". He wasn't the type of man you would pick up in a bar. Well, then again, I'm not the type of woman you'd pick up in a bar either. Back to reality- it's time to get ready. These wild women just won't wait- I wonder what trouble they'll get me into tonight? It's always that way- the reasonable, sensible one is always out-voted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...