The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Time...

To clean out my locker... Only temporarily. I've accepted a temporary transfer to Carmel Ridge. They're extremely short staffed, and just lost another nurse due to maternity leave. What possessed me to accept this? I know how hard it's going to be. I've dealt with mental illness patients before, but never day in and day out. I'll still be working my three "12's", with four days off. God knows I'll need it to keep myself sane. I suppose I should look at the bright side. I have a heart full of love and compassion. I won't mistreat these people. They're humans, with hearts and souls. They're sick. I guess what bothers me the most, is that I can't help them. Sure, I can give them their medications, talk to them about the unicorn in the corner and how Santa Claus comes in their room each night and leaves them toys, but I can't make them well. At the end of the day, that's what weighs heavy on my heart.

I love people so much. I want to reach out and save them- that's the reason I became a nurse. I took this pledge when I graduated nursing school:

"I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly to faithfully practice my profession of nursing. I will do all in my power to make and maintain the highest standards and practices of my profession.

I will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping in the practice of my calling. I will assist the physician in his work and will devote myself to the welfare of my patients, my family, and my community.

I will endeavor to fulfill my rights and privileges as a good citizen and take my share of responsibility in promoting the health and welfare of the community.

I will constantly endeavor to increase my knowledge and skills in nursing and to use them wisely. I will zealously seek to nurse those who are ill wherever they may be and whenever they are in need.

I will be active in assisting others in safeguarding and promoting the health and happiness of mankind."

I pray I can do these words justice at Carmel Ridge. Think of me, but more importantly, think of them- pray I don't let them down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prairie Doug said...

God Bless You,
maybe someday ST.Chloe ?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

I'm far from a saint- but thanks just the same :0)

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...