The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And So It Is...

Interesting. Working with the mentally ill is a big switch from my regular nursing duties. I've had to reassure Mr. Allen that the Russians weren't outside his room waiting to kill him, Ms. Tellewn that JFK isn't our president anymore, and I'm not Joan Crawford. You have to take on a different personality. You have to find the level they're on, and relate to it. Patience. Without patience, this job would drive you absolutely insane, no pun intended. While most of the patients are allowed to sit in the social hall, I learned so much about them. I saw who could successfully interact with others, and those who were so far gone, they had no idea who people are- or for that matter, that they're a person.

As I watched them, I began to think. Science has proven many of the illnesses treated here were caused genetically and/or due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. However, those who weren't effected by the above situations, what caused them to snap? What causes someone to lose control, to literally, lose control of their mind? Are we all just one step away from crossing that line? Some would argue yes, we're all dancing right there. While others, would argue that no, it's genetically pre-determined. I suppose, for the time being, it will remain a mystery.


"Southern girl with a Scarlet drawl.
Wave good-bye to ma and pa,
cause, with the birds I'll share...

With the birds I'll share this lonely view..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...