The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, October 14, 2005

Once Again....

It's back to work... Thank God, I'm on 7am to 7pm now. So far, that's the only good news today has brought me. As I'm clocking in, and preparing to make my rounds, I'm confronted by the head nurse. She's requested a conference with me and the resident "shrink". Yep, I've been reported. Someone saw me crying on during my break on monday and felt as if I "might not be able to handle the high-stress situations we're faced with on the TF". I can handle it. I've handled it for nearly six years now. Why do think the nurses are rotated out of the wing each week or bi-weekly? We're human. We feel pain. We feel sorrow. We grieve, just like everyone else. Yes, I was close to Ms. Hodges. It did hurt when she died. Yes, I did grieve for her, but I'm ok. I'm here. I've not negelcted a single patient, not now, not ever. I'm a good nurse. Sharon knows that. Damn, I hate the "let's talk about our feelings", speech we get when our time in the TW is up. It's part of being a nurse I guess. I know I shouldn't have shown emotion around the hospital, but we all have our moments. Somethings things get the better of us, and that just happened to be one of those times.

Tonight- is definitely an "emergency" girls night out. I can't believe I'm hitting the bar twice in one week. I've never been much for the bar scene, but tonight, it's just fitting- especially when all you have to look forward to at home are four lonely walls and a spoiled cat. I want to celebrate life, the life I have. I don't want to dwell on work, or psychologists, or death, or anything- I just want to have some light-hearted fun. Maria's definitely up for it. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...