The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Monday, December 19, 2005

Magical...

Tonight, I'm going to be going to see the NYC Ballet perform "The Nutcracker". I absoutely LOVE ballet, and fondly remember performing in "The Nutcracker" while in college. There's something simply magical about that ballet. Ballet in itself is a beautiful, delicate art- one that's not easily understood. It's an art that must be felt deep in the heart and soul, and expressed through the dance. Your body moves as your soul guides you. True passion, expressed through dance. I couldn't believe that Allison was able to get tickets to tonights performance. Lana's husband had purchased the for her quite awhile back, but due to the failing health of his mother, will be unable to attend. Allison knew how much I loved the ballet, and thought of me instantly.

I gladly accepted the invitation. I got ready and went down into the city. A new dress is certainly in order for this occasion. I went from store to store. Saks, Donna Karan, Bloomingdales, Macy's, everywhere in search of "the perfect black dress". Finally, it had been found. Very sleek and elegant, classy, yet provocative. Provocative, it's time I embraced my sensuality. I am a woman. It's time I let loose and felt like one. I went to see Jimmy, my hair stylist. I was long overdue for a trim. Then, it was time for nails. I had a nice french manicure and pedicure. It was soooooooo relaxing. I didn't want to get out of the chair when she was finished!

Allison suggested mentioned going to Darbar for dinner after the ballet. She knows how much I love Indian food, and unfortunate for me, none of my other friends have the same appreciation for it as me. Cilantro - Pesto Tandoori Shrimp is my FAVORITE dish. I'm really looking forward to this!

I'm so glad Allison called me. I miss getting out into the city and enjoying culture. I love the arts. Music, ballet, art- I love it all. When Allison and I first became friends, she introduced me to "Starry Nights". If you love jazz and mouthwatering tapas, then make sure you're at the Rose Center For Earth and Space, the first friday of every month. I haven't been in so long. I have a feeling on January 6th, I'll be there.

I've gotten so wrapped up in taking care of others, I've forgotten to take care of Chloe'. As much as I love "Emma", the drive to Carmel is draining me. I care for her, but I'm too close to the situation. I'm going to have to step back. I'd like to transfer back to the city. Brandy is back from maternity leave, and they've basically made a place for me at Carmel Ridge. If I transfer back to the city, I won't be leaving anyone in a rough spot. Being back in the city will be good for me, I'll be able to be Chloe' again, have more time for the things I love and people I enjoy. I'll still go see "Emma", she's a precious person, and someone I care deeply for, but it's time for me to move on professionally.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

I got to you from ~Deb's blog. I am green with envy; I have not even visited NYC!

3:19 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Oooooooooh that sounds like a wonderful night out. Have a brilliant time and tell us all about it tomorrow.

Chloe you deserve some 'me' time

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

4:25 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Enjoy the ballet. I saw it at Lincoln Center a couple of years ago, and just at my favorite part -- when the snow begins to gently fall around the dancers -- one of them slipped on the "snow" and SWAP! hit the stage with a resounding thud.

There was a collective gasp from the audience, but the dainty little thing just got to her feet and kept on dancing. I have never seen her equal in professionalism ... I would have run crying from the stage!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Ooooh, Chloe' have fun tonight!

:-)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...