The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, December 16, 2005

Sleepless... Again

It's after 2:00am, and I'm nowhere near sleepy. Bobby was so sweet this morning. He called around 11:00am, just to see how I was this morning. He thanked me again for a wonderful time and told me Alex as a sight to see. I could only imagine. I honestly can't believe she showed up for work this morning. I believe I would still be in bed if I were her. He didn't have a lot of time, but told me he'd call me back, he'd like for me to meet him for lunch later. I got up, and got in the shower, making sure I'd be ready when he called.

He called around 1:00pm, he said he just needed to hear my voice. I could tell something was wrong, something he wasn't telling me. Anymore, it's nothing for him to call, but to call just because he needed to hear my voice, that's another thing entirely. It was as if he was afraid something was going to happen to me. Even though he didn't ask, I assured him I was fine, and told him I'd meet him around 1:30pm. I've never seen him that uneasy. He was constantly looking around, unable to hold focus on anything. I made him look at me. He admitted there was a case that was bothering him, one that he just couldn't figure out. Even though I've only known Bobby a few months, I know he's one of the best detectives in New York, so for him to be stumped, it must be big. I tried re-assuring him that he'll get whomever it is, that he'll find them. Even though I met him at the diner, he drove me back my apartment, and walked me to the door. Completely strange. He came in for just a moment, he hugged me tightly, held me a little longer than usual, gave me a kiss, and was on his way out.

I shut the door feeling very uneasy. There's something he'd not telling me. I jumped when the phone rang. It was Bobby, wanting to make sure I'd locked my door. I told him yes, and not to worry so much. I could hear it in his voice. He was worried. Bobby's not a man who's easily scared. I have no idea who the person is he's trying to protect me from. I haven't received any threatening letters or phone calls. I live in a safe building, and I do take precautions when I'm out. After such a wonderful night, something has shaken him up. He asked me something really odd, he asked me if I was sure I had my film from my camera last night. I checked my purse, and it was there. I was going to get it developed after lunch, but since he brought me home, I decided I wasn't going to go back out into the cold just for pictures. He told me he'd take them, and would get double prints, because he wanted some copies for himself. We did take some great pictures.

Speaking of pictures, that brings me to a lighter note. I know I have some of Mike and Alex that are just wrong, but one I remember taking of Elliot and Olivia... I need to call her. Mike seems to think he spent the night at Elliot's place last night. God only knows where he was, I'm not sure if he knows where he is right now? There were a lot of things I needed to get done today, but I didn't seem to do any of them. I'm concerned about Bobby. I don't want him worrying about me. I know whatever is going on, it will work itself out. He'll catch whomever it is, it's only a matter of time. I really need to try to get some sleep, 6:00am comes early.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Of course I know where I am. I'm here!
It's indoors, I know that much.....
No matter where you go, there you are.

Seriously, keep an eye out. It seems bad stuff may be afoot.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole, go away

4:23 AM  
Blogger ann said...

no, I will

5:55 AM  
Blogger ann said...

we all have a thing for Bobby

9:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

New York is not that dangerous---there are crimes 'everywhere'...not just NY. It has gotten better too.

Why was Bobby so worried though? I'm not sure I get that. You said you lived in a safe area--so I don't see the problem there, unless he is very over protective...which is sweet.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...