The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Saturday, December 31, 2005

A New Year...

Ah, the memories I have of this day. From my teenage years, all the way until today. I can remember being so drunk that I didn't neven know it was New Years's, and then the next year, spending it alone, wondering where I had gone wrong. New Year's Eve is a cleansing holiday to me. It symbolizes another year over, and a few new one that is to come. A new year- a new chance to make things right. A chance to change, a chance to grow, a chance to live a better life. Every year, we make resolutions that are typically broken within a few months if not weeks. It's fun, just to see how many you can stick with. Typically, the only ones I've ever stuck with, are the one's that really counted. This year, I want to live more spontaneously, to go where I want to go, whenever I want to- after all, I live in New York City! There's so much to do, and so little time!

I want to lighten up. Life was meant to be lived. It's time I stopped taking every little thing so seriously. Finally, I want to be a better person. I want to give of myself to others, to make things a little better for those around me.

I don't think those are unreasonable things to strive for- and things that I can attain if I keep myself open to new ideas and focused. I plan on going out tonight and living. I don't know where I'll be celebrating tonight, or who with, but I know this much, I'll make the most of my evening, wherever I am. I will live life to the fullest tonight!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trailady said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2005 pretty much sucked in a lot of ways. I'm hoping for a better 2006. May you find many blessings this year. :o)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Faye_Hart said...

You go girl!!!!!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger ann said...

You go girl and have a great night.

Wishing you a terrific 2006 ~ for you and me sweetheart, the only way is up.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

12:22 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I hope your New Year is full of good health, happiness and loads of fun. :)

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're off to a great start in 2006!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...