The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Friday, November 11, 2005

Time For...

Me. I've been so caught up in caring for others, that I've neglected myself. How sad is it, that the last time I took a day, just for myself- it was because I was trying to impress someone else? How often do we do things like that? Work on ourselves, just to make someone else happy? I know it's far too often. So today, I decided that today was just for Chloe'. I got up and looked at my "to-do list". A list I've had for years. For the first part of my morning, I was on the internet, searching for a friend from College. Missy. We had so much fun together. Missy was from Ohio, and really enjoyed being in Knoxville. We came from completely different worlds, yet were the best of friends. We fell out of touch after graduation. I dreamt about her and her now husband Jason last night. It made me wonder about her. Hoping she's ok. So far, I've had no luck in finding her. I'll search again later.

I decided to take in some culture. It's been so long since I've been to the Met. I can remember when I was preparing to move to New York. I kept thinking, every night I'd be out on the town, doing something different, experiencing everything the city has to offer. I did, for the first couple of months. There's something magical about New York at night. The bright lights mesmerise you. Every street corner has something to captivate your mind when you're new to the area. It doesn't take long to get into the typical "New York" routine. Get up, go to work, enjoy some dinner with friends, maybe have a drink or two, go home. It becomes routine. Culture takes a back seat to your every day life.

I spent hours at the Met, looking at exhibits I've not taken the time to study in the past. I'm a huge fan of Van Gogh. I was thrilled to discover that on selected Mondays when the Museum is closed to the public, visitors will have the unique opportunity to view "Vincent van Gogh: The Drawings". I purchased a ticket before I left. Knowing this is something I cannot miss. After leaving the Met, I met up with Susan at the Grilled Cheese for a bite of lunch. It's been so long since we've been! I'd almost forgotten how much I love their famous '7-grain portobello mushroom, cheese and garlic' toastie. Susan and I have always split one, and still leave stuffed! We ran into Grethen, a mutual friend of ours from Rehs. I haven't been to Rehs in such a long time. She informed me that there were some exquisite pieces from the Lesur Collection she knew I would love. I've got to make time to stop by.

After enjoying a very filling lunch, Susan and I hit the streets to shop. I have to work that "toaster" off! The last thing I need is another handbag. We all know it. I should be attending a twelve step program for "handbags anonymous". I couldn't resist. Louis Vuttion was calling to me. I justified this by saying, my old "Speedy 25" is worn out and can't be carried. So I decided to replace it with a brand new monogram Babylone. I know, I didn't need it. But you know, it's an investment. Ok, I'm doing my best to justify why I just spent a war pension on a handbag. We made a couple of other stopped and headed back to my apartment. Maria and her friend Deborah are wanting to go out tonight after rehearsal. I'm thinking of heading somewhere different. I'm just not in the 515 mood tonight. But where to go? With all the choices in New York, I know I'll find somewhere classy to enjoy my evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Chloe, you may like to read how Bobby and I met. You may have been there that day?

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...