The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Walk Down Memory Lane....

Maria's performance was extraordinary! "Out Damn Spot!" We went through my apartment screaming that all afternoon. It brought back memories of drama class in high school. Being the immature young adults we were, that was the only line we cared to learn. I suppose we really thought we were getting away with something by saying "damn" in school and getting away with it! Those were the days carefree days of youth. How quickly they fade. We drift apart. People move. People change. People die. Things never stay the same, no matter how hard we try to prevent change.

"I...
Was listening to the radio
I heard a song
Reminded me of long ago
Back then I thought that things were never gonna change
It used to be that I never had to feel the pain
I know
that things will never be the same now

I wanna go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know
I wanna go back
Cause I'm feeling so much older
But I can't go back I know..."


The three of us sat in my living room floor singing that song at the top of our lungs, laughing and reminiscing of the "good ol' days". We talked about the house Eddie, Eddie and Susan rented in Milligan. The parties we had, the times we shared. My tiny dorm in Knoxville, how I was dreaming big while I crammed for an anatomy final. The football games, parties, social functions- you name it, we did it. People have said for years that "a picture is worth a thousand words". How true. We looked at pictures from our high school and college years. It only seems like yesterday when we were all embracing life as graduates, just beginning in life. The dreams of our futures, and what we would become. Looking back, we've accomplished so much. So often we get lost in what is going wrong, and forget to look at what is going right.

I have a good job, serving those who need me. I have a nice home that I can be proud to entertain in. I'm surrounded by friends who love and support me. I have a loving family who raised me with a good moral background. I've been truly blessed. Sure, I've made some bad choices in life, but it makes things a lot easier when you have people who love you, helping you pick up the pieces.

"Here's to the night's we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye tomorrow's gonna come too soon

Put your name
On the line
Along with place and time

Here's a toast to all those who hear me all to well..."


To life being well lived... Whatever you do, do it with all your heart. Don't look back in anger, it will get you no where.

"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh, never mind; you will not
understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust
me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you
can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you
really looked.You're not as fat as you imagine..."


Tell me about it...


"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are
reckless with yours.


Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're
behind the race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself."



Wise words it would beneficial for us to remember...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...