The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wondering....

I didn't speak with Bobby last night. I'm really worried about "Emma". I can't tell him over the phone that I don't think the doctor who is caring for is best suited for her needs. That he's known for over-medicating versus providing up-to-date care. At the very least, I hope he'll meet with the doctor. Tracey is working today, I know she'll speak with Bobby if she sees him. I called this morning to check on "Emma". No change. She's still out cold. I hate seeing her like that. She's the only patient I have that will communicate with me. This job has been so difficult not only mentally, but emotionally. Not rotating, means we're able to become attached to our patients very easily. I've become very attached to "Emma", and want nothing more than to see her cared for by the best. I worry when I'm not there. I know when I'm there, she's cared for to the best of my ability.

I'll probably have a breakdown tonight. I'm going to see "The Trip to Bountiful". That movie, and now play, has always made me very emotional. Now, with "Emma" in the state she is in, it will hurt me even more. I've got to do something to cheer myself up... We're not even going to discuss cigarettes. I got a Thanksgiving Card from Virginia Slims, maybe that's a clue I smoke too much?

7 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

This month Virginia Slims sent me a coupon for some cartons of cigs and a hot pick luggage tag. If I stopped smoking I would be able to afford to take a trip and use the tag. LOL

11:06 AM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

*LMAO* I got that too! The pink one! I know what you mean, thinking about the amount of money I spend on cigaretts- let's not talk about it *L* Thanks for bringing a smile to my face :0)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Yeah, when tobacco companies are sending you holiday cards, I think that's definitely a sign! Glad I quit.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i should quit smoking, but let's face it, that's MY seven minutes. no one else's and that's just great.

and about "Emma", can't you gently suggest to Bobby that she needs another doctor? is that against the rules? i know it's got to be hard for you, but taking care of her like you do is probably one of the best things in her life.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Prairie Doug said...

I suggest checking out "The Goofy Movie" it is a guaranteed pick me up.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

Yuck! Virginia Slims-yeee ghads, if you are gonna smoke, smoke with style people! Jeebus-I used to smoke "Silk Cuts", British, taste like a wheat thin and as the imortal Adam Clayton discribed them, "Nurses Cigarettes!". Then of course, I had to switch to Camel lights because I lived in BFE, and I couldn't get them anymore.I used to have a very nice gold case, and when people would "tap me for a fag", I always got compliments or a chat-up. Style people-smoking could be very stylish if it wasn't for GPC's or Basics, that's for sure.

And of course, then I quit about 3 years ago, and now I get f'ing pneumonia every year. Sucks!

Pauvre Emma-I have to agree about "guided decisions". Can you? Worth a shot....Keep your chin up, and never give up.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Geoffery- Don't make fun of my cigs *LOL* Well, you'll die when I tell you they're menthol as well... NO ONE even bothers to ask me for a cigarette when they're hard up...

Have no fear, I'll never get so desperate I smoke a GPC or Basic..

As for "Emma", I'm doing what I feel as right- the best way I know how.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...