The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Scene...

After Mass this morning, Maria called. She's auditioning for a new play, and needed a stunning costume. Of course, Maria will settle for nothing but the best. She's had to take what was given for so long, that when she came to New York, she vowed to settle for nothing but the best. I spent the greater half of my afternoon pinning and sewing on an elaborate renaissance gown. By the time I was finished, my nap time had long since passed. I stepped out onto my small terrace, and looked down into the busy streets. Even on Sunday, the city doesn't stop.

I remember back home, for years Sunday was a day of rest. No one went shopping, much less worked on a Sunday. Oh how times have changed. We're constantly on the go. We don't take the time to go to church, spend time with our family, or even ourselves. We're just too busy. I felt so good taking a few minutes for me. Sitting in the sunshine, breathing in the fresh, er, well, air, felt good. It felt good not to do anything, but exist for a few moments- to be one with my environment.

The moment was interrupted by a phone call. I reluctantly went into my apartment to see if who was on the other end was worth leaving my peaceful moment. Was it worth it? Absolutely. My day had just gotten even better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being too busy is quite overrated. Rest is good...I hope I don't have to wait to do it in my grave :)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...