The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Time....

I have a lot of it free until Monday. What to do? Well, with it being "Halloween Weekend", I decided to revert back to childhood. I went down to the costume store and tried out a few. French Maid- too trashy. Bride of Frankenstein, too typical. A Witch, everyone dresses up as a witch. Wench, hmmmmm, not bad. Princess, no, that's what I've been running away from for years. Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz. There's a costume. Cute, slightly conventional, definitely a eye catcher. Innocent, yet provocative. That's me. I paid a LOT more than I should've for the dress and shoes. I've always wanted a pair of "ruby slippers", it just took me twenty seven years to acquire them. Now, where to wear them? I've spent this money, I can't just stay home and let Morris appreciate my costume.

I know Maria and Susan will want to go out. Who am I kidding, if I didn't keep them semi-sane, they'd be living at the bar. You'd think women who were in their 30's would've calmed down a bit by now. I'm the youngest, and the most sensible. Who'd have thought? Maria wanted to wear my Watauga Valley crown, and pick up men swearing she won some MAO prelim in New York. The girl has lost her mind. She's turning into a regular "Blanche". Susan decided on a "Raggedy Ann" costume. That's going to look so cute. It's funny how when we were children, we wanted to wear "older costumes". I remember wanted to be a "Can Can Dancer" or "French Maid" when I was 10- thinking I would be so cool and sophisticated. Now that I'm pushing 30, I'm all for looking a little younger. Maybe we're trying to recapture the magic of youth, and on Halloween night, it's acceptable for everyone to be a child again. I don't know. I think too much. Cigarettes: 18, I'm doing a little better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rommel said...

My last girlfriend(and current GIF) wants to go as beauty and the bitch-meaning that I will cross-dress as a woman(beauty), and she will wear a shirt and tie-the bitch.

I don't think that we ever really grow out of the whole halloween thing. I told myself that I wasn't going to get all done up this year, but I am still down with making an ass out of myself. I am going to do a couple of pumpkins, and as I live in a pretty family-esque neighborhood. I think I'm gonna stay home, drink, and scare the kiddies that come to the door for goodies. Which reminds me, I have to pick up a George W Bush mask! :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Please remind me not to come to your house... You know "W" scares me!!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Rommel said...

Dubya should scare himself!He ius a characture of an idiot savant!Sorry to scare you by the mere thought of Dumbya.Funny Story:I used to have a dog that went nuts to the sound of Johhny Mathis-every time he would come on for one of those infomercials, he would howl and become incensed at his mere presence. There is a huge difference between Dubya and Johhny Mathis(and I am not comparing you to my Airedale Oliver),I realize, but they do both represent the cult of 99 cent senior meals and the rolling palaces that fill up Arizona during the winter.

And BTW, if I knew you were coming, I'd put on my Stetson and offer you a "belt" and an ashtray.I do have a few manners left....

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...