The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Interruptions...

It never fails, every beautiful moment gets interrupted. Take tonight for instance, Bobby and I had a nice quiet evening alone. I, ok, Susan had prepared a beautiful candlelight dinner. Everything was perfect. Bobby arrived right at 7:00pm. We shared a glass of wine on the veranda before dinner. The night was starting out on a good note.

Our dinner was superb. I know he knew there was no way I had prepared this myself. I'm FAR from a 5 star chef. It didn't matter. What mattered is that we were together. We're past the point of trying to impress one another. Now, it's about who we are, and what we share. It's about spending time talking about everything from Anthrax to Zoology.

Our perfect evening moved along quickly. I don't know if it was the wine or the atmosphere, for that matter it could've been the Addict- all I know is it took less time for sparks to fly than it did for me to kick off my Manolo Blanhiks. In the middle of my beautiful romantic moment, his phone rang. I was really hoping, just this one, he'd ignore it. No. Bobby's too straight laced for that.

A case. A case blew my perfect evening all to hell. He kissed me, and apologized. Although disappointed, I understand. I got up, put on my "social pajamas", and cleaned my dining room table off. I didn't want to blow out the candles. If I blew them out, it meant it was over, he wasn't coming back tonight. I didn't want that. I wanted to hold onto the hope that he'd be back to finish what he'd started.

It's nearly 2:00am, and here I sit. He'll be back, just not tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

I'm so pleased I didn't have to cook for Bobby tonight, and then he came home when he told me to call... he's wonderful

mwahX

5:29 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Oh, Chloe'! I'm sorry! That royally blows. But he WILL be back, which is the good part, right? It just sucks he had to go.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...