The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Þinn Barn Aldrei Myndarleg manneskja Góður Í Blár...

So very, very true. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. Thank God I was off, was all I kept thinking. I had turned the ringer off on my phone, so my answering machine was beeping like crazy. Deborah, wanting to tell me how great class went last night, that I really have a way with the kids. That was sweet. I really am enjoying teaching ballet in my spare time. Next call- Susan. Wanting me to meet her for lunch around the corner, she has something important to tell me. Hmmmmmm, wonder what's going on there. Maria- wanting me to stop by rehearsal tonight if I'm not busy. That'll depend upon how I feel. Bobby. That was a pleasant surprise. Just wanting to see how I'm doing. Last call- and certainly the VERY least. Chuck. Yes. The nutjob called this morning.

My feelings about Chuck go back and forth from day to day. Somedays, I think it's not a big deal, he's an ok guy. Not my dream man, but he's ok. Other days, I find myself afraid of him, second guessing my every move. The message was kind and sweet. He just called to see how I was doing, and to let me know he's thinking of me. The same type of message Bobby typically leaves for me. However, Bobby's messages have never creeped me out before. I just brushed Chuck's call off, returning the rest.

I wanted to tell Bobby so badly today about Chuck, but I could tell just by the tone of his voice, he wasn't having a good day. The last thing I want to do is burden him with my problems. I mean, it's a problem enough being so confused. My feelings for him change from one day to the next. Ok. I'll admit it. Denial is the best way to describe the situation. If I deny it, it doesn't hurt so badly. I didn't tell Bobby about Chuck. I kept the conversation short and sweet. I had honestly wanted to go have a drink with him tonight, just relax, relieve so stress, but right now, that's really not a good idea.

I finally got myself together and met Susan. She's gotten a new job. A much more upscale restaurant with better pay and benefits. Thank goodness. She's been stressing about her job for so long, finding out she's finally gotten a new one makes things so much easier for everyone around her. She really wanted to go out tonight to celebrate. We called a huge group of friends and made reservations at one of Susan's favorite restaurants.

There ended up being 23 people in all. I was really excited to get together with everyone. Justin, Jake, Carrie, Gigi, Jeremy, and all of the people I haven't seen in so long had so much to say. We were able to catch up on all of the happenings from the past couple of months. I dodged the questions about my "love life" as much as I could. I didn't feel like trying to explain why I'm not with Bobby, when honestly, I don't even know myself, and why I have another detective virtually stalking me. Thank goodness for alcohol is all I can say. It's your best friend when people ask you uncomfortable questions. Simply offer to buy them a drink, make a toast or take a shot, and all is forgotten. If only that were true for the big things in life... C'est La Vie...

4 Comments:

Blogger kacey said...

ah, alcohol. The great equalizer.

Hope you had fun with the friends !!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun night. Hang in there. Things will work out for you. It will be better soon. Ok, that's all I got.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gorengyrl said it all.

7:25 PM  
Blogger ann said...

denial helps chloe

I used it with you and now with isabella(donna) and whoever the next piece of skirt that turns up ..... sigh

mwahx

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...