The Breathless Fantasy...

There's A Fine Line Between Fantasy And Reality... I'm Dancing On That Line

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, The Big Apple, United States

My heart guides me, but my mind always finds me..... "I could be in the street, I could be on a train, Or struck in some doorway down, In the pouring rain, Now there is not one place, That doesn't feel like home...."

Saturday, November 19, 2005

At Last....

It's a cold day in New York. The kind of cold that makes you hate yourself for being a smoker. "Emma" is doing better, but not making the kind of progress I was hoping for. After making sure she was settled, and getting her daily newspaper, I went out into the cold air of Carmel to have my a quick cigarette. As I stood there shivering, wondering why I haven't tried "the patch", I heard a man ask me for a light. I turned around, my eyes opened wide. Damn, I'd been caught off guard. Yes, it was Bobby. I smiled at him and handed him my lighter. Thank goodness it was cold, at least I could pass my trembling off due to the cold.

I was honestly glad to see him. I told him of the concerns I had about his mother's care. I recommended a new doctor her, one I have great confidence in- I know he truly cares for his patients, and with him, she'll have a chance at a better life. I could tell how tired he was. His eyes were dark and glazed. I reassured him that I would take care of her. I won't let anything happen, not as long as I'm here. I want him to be able to sleep at night. He needs to know, that he's not at fault.

As we both finished our cigarettes, I told him he couldn't tell anyone what we'd discussed- that I could lose my job for the information I've shared. He knew. He knew I conveyed what I did because I genuinely care about his mother's well-being. She was delighted when he and I walked into her room together. That's the first time I've seen her smile like that in weeks. I went over to make sure she was comfortable, and then told her I'd be at my station if she needed me. Of course, she wanted me to stay and visit with Bobby. As much as I honestly wanted to, I wanted to make sure he had the private time with his mother that he needed. I told her Bobby and I had already talked, and it was her time. He thanked me again for everything. I smiled and told him "anytime". He's a good man, "Emma" raised a true gentleman.

3 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Thanks for making Bobby feel better. Maybe he will be able to sleep better tonight. You are obviusly a wonderful caring nurse and his mother is lucky she has you in her life

4:33 PM  
Blogger Prairie Doug said...

It sounds like things could start falling into place.I hope your glad that that you don't have redos. " If you were allowed one redo in life, what would you redo? My early 20's. I'm leaving it at that."
This moment may have never happened if you got that redo. Like it or not we are a product of our life and I would have to say that your doing a great job of cultivating your life experiences.
God Bless You

6:45 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

Glad you finally got to talk to him about that! I hope it all works out for everyone and that you don't get in trouble.

:-)

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  • Not A Typical Night...
  • Life- As I Know It...
  • Last Night...
  • Tonight...
  • Wednesday Night...
  • Run Baby Run...
  • I Can't Believe It...
  • Now That I'm Relatively Calm...
  • One Beautiful Sunday...
  • Dreams Do Come True...
  • Most Wonderful Night...
  • Most Magical Night Of My Life...
  • What Were The Chances...
  • Time Heals All Wounds...
  • Sparkling Sangria...


  • MySpace Icon Collage


  • The Pirate King...
  • Mikey's Subway Chick...
  • Olivia AKA: Elliot's Woman...
  • Elliot Stabler...
  • The Woman Who Has To Deal With Mike...
  • Support From Day One...
  • Paranoid Detective...
  • My Aunt Is Not As Old As This Man...
  • A Dear, Precious Friend...
  • Life...As I Know It...
  • My Penguin Pal...
  • Displaced New Yorker...
  • Amy...
  • Janice...
  • Deb...
  • Faye...
  • Jules...
  • Hannala...
  • A Year In The Life Of...
  • Let Me Go On And On...
  • Inspiration Comes Easy...
  • Kara's Place...
  • Nights in Rodanthe...
  • Malcolm's Page...
  • Castle Shima...
  • Agape...
  • Betty On The Beach...
  • Sunshine Lipstick...
  • Go With The Flow...
  • Slackers With Advanced Degrees...
  • Hollow...
  • The Wildest Woman I Know...
  • Nice Guys Finish Last...
  • Musings & Mad Ramblings...
  • Another Very Dark Place...
  • Laura Elizabeth...
  • Suzanne...
  • Lorrie...
  • Tess...
  • Never Forget...
  • In Memory...